Back on June 18 I posted a recipe for Watermelon Gazpacho. Today, because I have an abundance of mostly Sungold cherry tomatoes on my counter and many varieties of cucumber taking over my fridge, I’m making a more traditional gazpacho that is SUPER EASY and only has 3 main ingredients! It takes just 10 minutes to make this beautiful golden soup, so perfect for our “still sizzling” summer weather🔥. You can throw in some red cherry tomatoes for a really colorful version. You could call it Confetti Gazpacho if you mix red & gold tomatoes. Sungolds are very sweet and low in acid so this soup is sweeter than many Tomato-based Gazpachos. It would be great for kids and people who are sensitive to more acidic tomatoes, like me. As much as I love all this summer produce I am beginning to long for winter comfort foods and some cooler fall weather!
Recipe for Sungold Cherry Tomato “Golden Gazpacho”
- 3 cups Sungold (or other yellow) Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 – 2 cups peeled & coarsely chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Basil or parsley leaves for garnish
- Optional: olive oil, vinegar, garlic clove, lemon juice
- Rinse cherry tomatoes & place in bowl of food processor. Pulse a few times.
- Peel cucumbers & cut into chunks, add to food processor along with the garlic powder.
- Peel & cut up the red onion, add to other ingredients.
- Pulse everything until you like the consistency. I like chunky, but you can make it smoother if you prefer. You can also add more liquid if you want (vinegar, lemon juice, water) but I love the fresh taste of just the tomatoes and cucumbers. Summer in a bowl!
- Taste & add salt & pepper.
- Pour soup into glass container & refrigerate a few hours, if you want it cold. It’s yummy right away, too, if you just can’t wait for it to cool!
- Pour into small bowls or glasses & garnish with basil or parsley leaves & a few thin slices of cucumber.
This is a great way to use up the end of summer abundance of tomatoes and cucumbers! Super easy and super fast, too, always a plus. 😋