Why make your own hummus when you can buy any flavor at most stores for very little money? One reason… Flavor! While the store brands are pretty good, fresh hummus is so much better and really easy to make. In 10 minutes you can have the freshest batch of hummus that will put those store brands to shame! Plus, no extra chemicals or preservatives😀
RECIPE for HOMEMADE HUMMUS (makes about 2 – 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cans organic garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup roasted sesame tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBSP olive oil (garlic flavor is especially good)
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1-2 TBSP water
- optional seasonings: cumin, smoked chipotle powder, onion powder, etc.
- Drain & rinse the 2 cans of garbanzo beans.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put beans in food processor along with garlic & all other ingredients & pulse until smooth.
- If it is too thick add a bit more water or lemon juice.
- Taste & adjust seasonings-you can add other seasonings to your taste. Make your own unique hummus!
- Store overnight to allow flavors to deepen, then add more lemon juice or garlic if necessary.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, or celery and sprinkle with smoked paprika, a drizzle of olive oil & a garnish of fresh parsley leaves😋
2 thoughts on “Homemade Hummus”
I do like the toasted sesame oil. Such great taste. Your recipe sounds wonderful!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes toasted sesame oil is yummy! Let me know if you like the hummus😀 Thanks for checking out my blog!