I was having some friends over last weekend and wanted to have a “dessert” that was healthy and we could make together. Result : BANANA “SUSHI”. I found this recipe on the Dr. Oz website so can’t take credit for it but we sure had a great time making these. It really doesn’t have anything sushi-like in it but when you cut it into pieces it slightly resembles a sushi roll.
Super easy and very fun, I think this would be great for children to make, too, and they would not even realize this is a sugar free dessert 🙂
- 1 banana for every 2 people
- ¼ cup each: Almond butter, Cashew butter, Toasted Tahini spread and/or Peanut Butter (I mixed all of these butters together and it was FANTASTIC!) so total amount of nut butter will be 1 cup.
- Toppings: Chia seeds, toasted sesame seeds, coconut, chopped almonds (or other nuts), cinnamon. You could also try cocoa nibs, flax and/or hemp seeds, cocoa powder … get creative!
- Mix the nut butters together in a bowl until they are well blended.
- Put your toppings into individual small bowls.
- Peel the bananas (I cut each one in half but you could keep them whole).
Hold the banana over a large piece of wax paper and spread the nut butter all over (Yes, this is a bit messy, but when you are done you can lick your fingers, kids will LOVE this.
Once the banana is coated sprinkle the toppings of your choice all over and carefully place it on a small plate. You can pour the toppings that fall onto the wax paper back over the banana after you have it on a plate.
- Cut it into 2 “ pieces and voila! you have BANANA SUSHI. You gotta try it… so creative, delicious, and nutritious!
2 thoughts on ““BANANA SUSHI””
I love this idea!
Thankyou! It really is fun and delicious. Glad you like it 🙂