These last few weeks of school have been so busy I haven’t had time to do much cooking or post any recipes but I have added a super simple and nutritious breakfast to my repertoire. I actually thought I was being so original and clever when I came up with Avocado on Toast until I googled it and discovered everyone has been eating it for ages. So no credit for originality but it is so simple and so satisfying I am posting it to inspire you to come up with your own versions. A great breakfast for busy times or just because it is so darn yummy!
- 1 avocado
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp Mrs.Dash’s Salt Free Seasoning or Smoked Paprika or the Smokey Herb/Spice Blend from my April 16th blog post.
- 1 piece of healthy bread (I love Dave’s Organic Power Seed – only sweetened with a bit of fruit juice)
- ½ grated carrot
INSTRUCTIONS (not that you really need any…)
1. Mash up the avocado and mix in the lemon juice.
2. Toast the bread and then spread the avocado on top.
3. Add shredded carrots, sunflower seeds, sprouts or whatever sounds good and sprinkle with your favorite Herb/Spice Blend.
4. Eat on the way to work and check “Ate Healthy Breakfast” off your list. 🙂